Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Blog Hop

You are lucky today. Not one but TWO blog hops.


Mommy's Idea

Mrs. 4444 hosts Friday Fragments.

***Dan and I went out to eat last night at Red Lobster. This in itself is quite a feat because we just don't eat out. When you cook as well as we do, it is hard to eat underseasoned cooked for the masses food. But I had a gift card. We did bring home leftovers and I am pleased to say that I got the broccoli as a side rather than potatoes.

***This weekend we are going to the Home and Garden Show at the fairgrounds. We've never been. Living Social had a buy one get one free admission so I couldn't pass that up. Hoping to get ideas on how to finish renovating the kitchen and some landscaping help.

***I spent 40 minutes on the phone last night with Whitney trying to help her with her Excel homework for her computer class. To me it seems so easy but I guess if you have never used it, it probably doesn't. Here's hoping that the click button will go off in her head. Because when they get to Access I'll be of no use.

***Next week is the big conference where half the building is empty because they are all gone. This year not as many people are going but still I'll be in charge of the office. Unfortunately that does not mean a party every day.

***The price of admission to my house if you want to come to dinner is a bottle of wine. I'm just saying.




Really good questions this week for Five Question Friday so I decided to participate.



1Where do you hide the reeeally good snacks?

I have a drawer at work that I keep my snacks in. But since they are the same snacks as I have at home I wouldn't consider that hiding them. I have really cut back on buying anything that is "mine" so I don't have to hide anything.

2. Do u keep your vehicle clean or am I the only one who has things falling out of their van?

My car is pretty clean inside. Of course when you only drive back and forth to work and it takes 10 minutes it is pretty easy to keep clean. If I have a straw wrapper in there it drives me nuts.

3. Have you ever been to Vegas?

I've been three times. First time was for a work conference. Pretty fun. Second time was with Dan. I had fun...Dan probably not as much. Third trip was with another couple. Once again I had fun. Dan did not. In fact he said "I hate this *&^%((*^& town!" and said he would never return. I do plan on taking Whitney there when she turns 21.

4. Warm room light blankets or cold room warm snuggly blanket?

Cold room with layered blankets. The room isn't as cold as it used to be. Dan used to keep the window open when we first got married...with a fan blowing on him. No wonder I had an electric blanket then. Now as he has gotten older and lost a lot of weight he gets cold easier. So he is more likely to have more blankets on than me.

5. What is the worst airplane/flying experience you've ever had?

There was quite a run of bad work flying trips but the absolute worst was when I was coming back from a conference in Quebec City. It was really foggy at the airport so our flight was delayed. There were only two direct connecting flights out of Newark to OKC so I was going to miss mine because we were delayed about 3 hours. The airport was small in Quebec and once you went through security, you couldn't go back out because the security was only open when they were expecting flights going out. And there was one little shop at the gate. The fog lifted and flights were landing. But they were the later flights so the people who had been scheduled to leave on those got to go on and we were still sitting there. They got me rebooked on a flight to Houston and then another flight to OKC. So we finally get to Newark and of course we are too late to catch that flight to Houston. So they rebook me on a flight to Atlanta and then to OKC. Only Atlanta has bad weather and I probably won't catch my connection there. So I go standby on the earlier flight to Atlanta. We all get on the plane and then we hear a thunk. The conveyer belt that loads luggage hit the side of the plane and damaged it. So we all have to get off and get a different plane. Meanwhile the first plane to Atlanta I could have taken has filled up and taken off. There is absolutely no way I can make my OKC connection. So I'm stuck in Newark with absolutely nothing except my laptop. I lucked out and had a gate person feel sorry for me and gave me a room voucher. I couldn't find the hotel bus. By the time I got to the hotel it was midnight. The flight out of Newark left at 8am. I got about six hours of sleep in my clothes with my contacts in and went back to the airport. I doublechecked and I was still on that flight. We got on and then proceeded to sit in line to take off for an hour. By the time I got home it had been more than 24 hours since I had left the hotel in Quebec. 

I hope that I never have a day like that again.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a crazy flight ordeal! My second worst was a trip to Ottawa, we got messed up on the connecting flights as well and my luggage didn't get delivered until day 3 so I too was in gross clothes and without my bathroom supplies! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For all the times I have flown I have never had a bad flight or a bad time. And in all those times [several] we only had one duffel bag "lost". We got it back the next day.

    Knock on wood, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. any flight for me is a bad experience since I hate flying, however, that flight would have been torture for anyone!
    On another note, I love Quebec City. We try and get there every three years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have eaten only once time at Red Lobster. I don't plan on returning. My mama and sister have the cooking gene. They can make anything taste good. I can do pretty well with seafood, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we lived in Indiana, we LOVED the Red Lobster on Coldwater Road. I mention the specific one because we tried others that were not nearly as nice nor was their food as good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post! I love details. We don't eat out much either but I had hubby bring home pizza last night. We decided that was the first time in over a year we had done that!

    ReplyDelete