Friday, June 10, 2011

Girls Weekend

So it is just Whitney and I this weekend; Dan is out communing with nature. So what are the big plans? Tonight we made pesto pizza and brownies. We had leftover pesto from earlier in the week, I bought a pizza crust and there you go. Wasn't as good as Dan's pizza, but it certainly was tasty. The brownies are low-fat and taste just like a good chewy brownie. I colored my hair and Whitney went to bed really early. Guess all those days of double shifts at work caught up to her.

Saturday should bring us shopping (of course Whitney's favorite activity). I have a huge wine tasting event to go to. It's a big fundraiser so I spent a lot more money than I ever would. But I decided to splurge and treat myself to something just for me. They will have nine restaurants and 200+ wines to try. I have the list in advance so I could do a little scouting since that is just way too many to drink. Yikes, don't want to drink too much. That wouldn't make a good impression.

Sunday is church and cleaning the house. Maybe we'll go see the Parade of Homes Showhome and get some decorating ideas.

Monday is the big day. We go to OCU to register for classes. It is a whole day of talks, meetings and lunch. I'm excited and I know Whitney can't wait. There are quite a few people from her online boards going so she is hoping to meet some new people that she has chatted with.

I'll be sure to write about the wine tasting and registration days. Hope everyone has a good weekend and don't get too hot.

1 comment:

  1. Wine Tasting! One of my favorite pastimes! Do post which were your favorite, your other suggestions have always been great. Have a wonderful weekend with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete