So today you get a bonus posting because I didn't want to skip Joyce's Hodgepodge questions. If you are looking for the A-Z post, please go to the next post.
1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income tax returns. What's a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as 'taxing'?
How about paying sales tax every month. I always seem to put it off until the last minutes. Like this month. It is due the 20th and I haven't started. Guess I should do that tonight.
2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge, and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on Day O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?
None of the above. How about an "Open Faced Sandwich". Best part about a turkey dinner is the sandwich next day with a piece of bread, mashed potatoes, turkey and gravy. Give me a fork and knife and I'm set.
3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
TV channels actually ending for the night. They played the National Anthem and the flag was flying and then nothing but static for a few hours. Now everything is 24 hours a day and we get infomercials. I'm not sure if that is better than static.
4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts?
Yes term limits have their purpose. Our state has them for state house/senate and I haven't noticed a great detriment to the legislative process. Probably would be helpful for the national house/senate too.
5. On April 18th, 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'...when did you last make a midnight ride? Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
I thought it was my flight back from Alaska last July but then we had to make an ER run when Dan fell and cut his chin and broke teeth. Thank goodness this doesn't happen very often.
6. What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?
Mouse for sure. I usually can kill a spider or it doesn't move too fast and I can get Dan to kill it. A mouse moves fast and then hides.
7. I love it when people ask me________________________?
how old I am and then say no way. That makes me feel good.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm over the blog block from yesterday when I came up with Nothing for my N word. I've got the rest of the week's posts already written and scheduled. Some of them are really good so come back each day to read them.