Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I is for the I version of Hodgepodge


I'm combining the I blog with this week's hodgepodge because I wasn't feeling the letter I. But fear not, all answers will start with the letter I.

For those of you joining me from the A-Z challenge, Wednesday Hodgepodge is brought to us weekly by Joyce at From This Side of the Pond.



1. Share one fun thing you did last week, while the Hodgepodge was on 'spring break'.

I did my first week of the A-Z blog challenge and successfully wrote all my week's worth of posts by day one. I even got a few of the other letters done too.

2. April 10th is National Sibling Day...do you have siblings, and if so are you close? Share a favorite story featuring one or all of your siblings. If you don't have siblings, did you ever wish you did?

I have one younger brother and I also had an older brother who passed away before I was born. My brother has extremely curly hair and I have very straight hair. My grandmother would always tell me to eat my peas to make my hair curly like my brothers. Guess what...it didn't work.

3. Is it important to you to 'buy American'? Why or why not? How much of an effort do you make to 'buy American'? If you're not American, insert your own country in the blank.

I hate to say this but I don't even look at labels. I guess that's bad on my part but just the way it is.

4. Besides The Bible, what book has impacted your spirituality in some way?

I can't think of any books. Most of the books I read are trashy novels or true crime and I don't think either of those would be considered spiritual.

5. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Do you find rainy days calming or depressing? When were you last caught in a rainstorm? What's blooming in your neck of the woods today?

I like rainy days especially if I'm at work because it is one of the few days I can open my blind. My office is right on an entrance to the building and if I open my blinds I feel like I'm on display. When it is raining people are rushing around with umbrellas so I know they aren't looking in at me. Right now we have tulips in full bloom. The bradford pear trees have already bloomed but the redbud trees are looking pretty.

6. What's your favorite yellow food?

I would say yellow cake.

7. April is National Poetry Month...what's a poem that holds special meaning for you, and why is it special?

I don't read poems mostly because I never understand them.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I did it! All my answers started with I! Ha, take that you letter.

Join me tomorrow for J, which I promise will be more in depth than I.

8 comments:

  1. Clever...very clever!!!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I" hope you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tulips and yellow cake too :) I find poems often hard to understand but thought it was just me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my post... enjoyed yours... will stop by again... cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Straying to catch up in my reading...clever way to incorporate the letter. I think it's the only way I can do both on a Wednesday. I haven't been organized with my A-Z this year, but am enjoying it nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete