Tuesday, April 23, 2013

T is for Tracy!


Lucky me, T is my letter. So today's post is all about me.

I was born in Moline, Illinois. That's part of the Quad Cities, where the Mississippi River goes East-West not North-South. I moved around quite a bit as a child and spent time in Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Watertown, Wisconsin; Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin; Orlando, Florida and Houston, Texas. The Wisconsin years were by far the best or maybe I just remember them that way because I was young. Anyway I moved to Oklahoma to go to college and have never left.

I've been married for almost 25 years to Dan who I met in college. We have one daughter, Whitney, who is at college herself. Not too far away, but far away enough that she has her own life. Which is probably the best of both worlds.

I work for the university I graduated from (not once but twice...guess I liked school that much) with weather people. So I'm always asked about the weather. That comes in handy some days like last week when we had severe weather and I could tell from the people here where they were worried about. I manage a large research unit's financial/administrative side which I've been doing for 11 years. Since the university is the only place I've ever worked, I'll be able to retire in about 6 years. WOOHOO!

One of my favorite things to do is to go to wine tastings because you get into some pretty interesting conversations. I like to cook and have started to experiment with trying new foods. Some things I like and some things I don't but at least I'm trying.


So there's just a bit about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment