Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hodgepodge

I wasn't going to do this week's hodgepodge until Whitney sent me a text asking me where it was. So because of that I'm joining Joyce for this week's version.



1. When the children of today grow up, what do you think they'll say about this period in time? What do you most hope they remember?

Well they will look at it just like we do of the time we grew up. It was such a different time...it was so much easier...all those things we say now.

2. National Teacher's Day is celebrated in the US of A on the first Tuesday in May, this year May 7th...share how a particular teacher positively impacted you.

I remember my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Fontaine. She was very nice. I remember her letting me get ready for recess earlier than anyone else because it would take me forever to get into my snowmobile suit during winter. She felt bad for me missing recess. We had reading before it and I was a fast reader.

3. What's a dish your mama made, that if set in front of you today would whisk you right back to childhood?

Broccoli with cream of mushroom soup. Mom would always make that when we had ham. I make the broccoli now just steamed. It is healthier (sorry Mom).

4. Mother May I was a game we played when I was growing up...no pieces, parts, or plugs required. What games from childhood do you remember loving that were also pieces, parts, and plug-free?

We played a game called Statue. Basically you fling someone else around and then they have to stop moving and pose. The whole neighborhood would play together. Someone was the art dealer and would walk the customer around and describe the different statues.

5. Besides your own mother, tell us about a woman who influenced you as a child?

I have no idea how to answer this question.

6. Mamma Mia! What's the best play or musical you've ever seen?

Well my favorite is A Chorus Line. But I love so many musicals. I always wanted to be in one in high school. But the year they were going to do one at my first high school I moved before it happened. And then the high school I moved to was in the middle of staging one and never did another one while I was there.

7. What are three smells that make you feel nostalgic?

I'm not a big smell person.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Plane ticket to China is bought. Visa application is mailed off. Now the waiting game begins.

4 comments:

  1. My fourth grade teacher was so wonderful and such a graceful lady! She always prayed with us....but she was kind and obviously very intelligent and made us want to learn...her name was Mrs. King.

    I can't imagine when this generation being my age, so I couldn't answer that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids swear they will never be old like me. So I have no idea what they would say either.

    3 smells that bring me back to childhood... laundry, turkey soup, and cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Whitney!! : )

    I almost said statues. We used to spin and spin and spin and then the 'shopper' yelled freeze. The person 'shopping' picked her favorite statue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to play a version of statue too but I can't remember exactly how. I think it was a little different from your version for some reason. :-)

    ReplyDelete