Wednesday, August 8, 2012

HodgePodge Wednesday - WooHoo

Joining up with Joyce on this week's hodgepodge questions.




1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. You can read more here. Your thoughts?


I used to respect this man and now he is a joke. You can't legislate healthy eating. That sort of sounds like a communist country to me. He also has come up with a plan to make women breast feed newborns in the hospital. Read about it here. What happened to freedom? I thought America was sort of founded on that.


2. Art festival, music festival, food festival...which would you most like to attend?
I've been to all three and the one I liked best was art followed by food.


3. What are you irrational about?
Irrational? I'm never irrational. (LOL)


4. Do you feel confident you'll have a comfortable retirement?
I think we will. I've worked for the same university my entire life. And on September 1 I'll have 25 years here which mean I'm eligible for their retirement. I won't because I need the state teacher's retirement which I can access in about 6 more years. Our university is very generous in the plans. Last year I met with one of the reps from Fidelity on my choices and when I showed him everything he was very impressed and said we would be set. The house is almost paid for and we don't have big debts.


5. What's been your favorite Olympic moment so far?
(Not ever, just in the 2012 Summer games)
This can change every day. I've so enjoyed the little known sports. You know the ones that don't get on the nighttime show. Archery was fabulous as I talked about last week. But last night's high bar routines have to take the cake for outrageousness. Did you see the guy from the Netherlands? Wowser.


6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?
I conveniently left this question until after Whitney moved out. The utility room is the messiest. We always put the stuff we don't want seen or don't know what to do with out there. It is always a pit.


7. Do you follow your heart or your head?
My head. I'm way to logical to follow my heart.


8. Insert your own random thought here.










The move went well yesterday. Her bedroom is bigger there than at home.


Dan got the tv set up. Turns out they do have all the cable stations (except the movies) so she can watch HD channels.






They have so much storage space in their kitchen area too.






The walls had a lot of chips missing so hopefully they can come in and paint them. I'm not sure why that didn't happen over the summer. The furniture was in good shape which is better than the room next to theirs which had duct tape on the couch. I'm sure that will get replaced.

5 comments:

  1. Those guys scare the beejeez out of me on that high bar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm never irrational either : ) I kinda want to take up archery now. Instead I need to take up running. The abdominal muscles on those female runners are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My laundry room is the same! Why do we do that? {sigh}

    Looks like a pretty nice set up for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popped in from the Hodgepodge ~

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My feelings toward Bloomberg are very similiar as is our answer to #1. Teachers' retirements are usually very good. I was able to get nine years in before staying home.

    ReplyDelete