Joining up with this week's hodgepodge questions from Joyce.
1. Joyce included this quote (attributed to William H. Danforth) in my blog post yesterday... "The best cure for a sluggish mind is to disturb it's routine." When was the last time you 'disturbed your routine' and how'd you do it?
We are all creatures of habit. Maybe trying new foods? We went out to an Italian restaurant for Dan's birthday and he like what I ordered and I like both his and mine. So we switched. First time I've had ricotta salada. It was tasty.
2. What's your favorite fried food indulgence?
Fried foods and I do not agree. The closest I get to them is the occassional french fry from McDonald's which is very rare.
3. Did you have an allowance as a kid? What did you do with it? Do you give your own kids an allowance?
I don't remember having an allowance (although my mother could correct this now that she is on the computer and reads my blog). We always gave Whitney an allowance. It was never tied to chores because those were expected. It started small when she was little like a quarter a week (which seems like a lot of money). By the time she was in high school, it was $10/week. We paid for gas for the car and necessary clothes but she was responsible for her own expenses (i.e. homecoming tshirt, the pair of shoes she just had to have). She also had a summer job but most of that went to savings for college. I think it taught her the value of money and the fact that you can't get everything you want all the time because you can't afford it.
4. What's something you wish you knew more about?
Tough question. I know during the Olympics I wondered about a lot of the different sports. What the terms they were saying meant (repacharge anyone). I wondered how the scoring system worked. And I wondered how they can keep shaving off tenths of seconds speed wise in track and swimming. Shouldn't the human body stop getting faster at a certain point?
5. Is there anything you feel too old to do anymore? If so, what?
There are things I think OTHER people are too old for but I keep my mouth shut about that.
6. What's a song you think has a great first line?
Today I don't feel like doing anything - The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars
Lazy people of the world - UNITE!
7. Who are you writing to/for when you create a blog post? In other words...as you write, who is the audience in your head?
I actually am just writing for me when I write a blog post. I'm happy that other people are reading it; I love comments, but I'm writing for me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Whitney called Sunday morning saying her car wouldn't start. Trying to diagnose a car in person is hard enough; over the phone is impossible. Dan went up Tuesday and it needed a new battery. Hoping that fixes everything. Of course her car was just at the dealership for an oil change and a checkup. Couldn't they have found the battery lacking then?