Now my sewing skills are adequate but I don't usually do anything without a pattern. But I figured how hard could this be. It's a square with ties. So off we went to buy fabric and a cushion.
The fabric she chose was super cute with the added benefit of having a somewhat line for me to follow to cut a straight line. So I measured what I thought I would need, given that I would need to slide the cushion in.
First I sewed the ties and turned them inside out. I used to make scrunchies for Whitney when she was little so I knew how to do that part. The hardest part is turning them inside out. Thanks to a skewer I got them turned out.
Then I needed to sew the sides with the ties attached. I had been smart and cut a big rectangle instead of two squares so I only had to fold it over and sew two sides. My first attempt to sew the ties had me put them on the wrong side. So I had to take out all the stitches and start over. But within no time I had all the ties stitched in and both sides done.
Last step was to put the pre bought cushion (conviently a square shape) and sew the last edge by hand. I folded it like I was wrapping a package and sewed the cushion in. I sewed it twice to make sure it would stay.
The finished project was comfortable, will tie to the chair and looks good. Not too bad for $6 and a couple of hours of my time.