Cheesy Baked Tortellini
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
- Olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese (we use ricotta)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves (we skip this ingredient)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves (1/4 tsp dried)
- 1 pound purchased cheese tortellini
- 2 ounces thinly sliced smoked mozzarella (regular works too)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8 by 8 by 2-inchbaking dish.
Whisk the sauce, mascarpone cheese, parsley and thyme in a large bowl to blend. Cook the tortellini in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain. Add the tortellini to the sauce and toss to coat. Transfer the tortellini mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top the mixture with the smoked mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheeses on top melt, about 30 minutes.