I love how Joyce brings us these questions weekly even when she goes out of town. How thoughtful. Come play along.
fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (an acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen.
I've said it before but "fiscal cliff" has just got to go. Reinsert the image of the mountain climber from the Price is Right going over the cliff instead. Much more hilarity and also you get yodeling.
2. When was the last time you rode a train? Where did you go?
By train I'm not counting the ones in the airports taking you from one terminal to another nor am I counting the DC metro line. So the only time I can remember taking a train was last summer in Alaska. This affords me an opportunity to post yet another picture from that trip. :)
3. Bagels-yay or nay? Favorite 'flavor'? Favorite topping?
I like bagels but don't eat them very often because I don't find them as filling as a bowl of cereal and they have so many more calories. But Panera has a cinnamon crunch one that is to die for. And then when you put some whipped cream cheese on it...wow.
4. 'Tis the season of awards shows...if you could star in a movie already made which one would you choose?
Gone With the Wind - I would be Scarlet O'Hara. Really the costumes make me want it more than anything. Men begging for your love and attention. Clark Gable. Need I say more.
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months....what say you? Do you think kids perform better if seperated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you're a parent, is this something you'd support in regard to your own children?
I don't think this is a good start for children. If they learn early on that they should be learning separately, how will they learn to be nice to each other?
6. What's your favorite thing about staying in a hotel?
Most of the time I'm by myself in a hotel for work and that's what I like best. The solitude of having the whole room to myself.
7. Do you have a 'word' for 2013? What's the story behind your choice?
I have read a lot of blogs doing this but I have not participated in the one word thing.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm going to do my big push to get twitter followers (@TracyReinke) and Words With Friends players (treinke65) this week. Feel free to follow (I'll follow back) and play against me.