Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pumpkin Bread

I've been making this particular recipe for years (and I mean years). It came from an old church cookbook I got shortly after we got married. I no longer have the cookbook but I cut this recipe out and taped it to a recipe card so I could keep it.

Pumpkin Bread

2/3 cup oil
2 2/3 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 can pumpkin
2/3 cup water
1 cup raisins
3 1/3 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Beat oil, sugar, eggs, water and pumpkin. Add spices, baking soda and baking powder; beat well. Add flour gradually, mixing well. Stir in raisins. Pour batter in 2 loaf pans that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-70 minutes.

The original recipe says you can add 1 cup of walnuts or pecans but we don't like nuts. It also says you can use 4 (1 pound) coffee cans half full. That tells you how old this recipe is. Do people even get coffee cans anymore?


No comments:

Post a Comment