Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Wrapup

This weekend was filled with cooking Whitney's last meal at home for awhile (Saturday's post on Pizza Dough) and we also make pumpkin bread (recipe coming later this week).

Whitney left yesterday to go back to college to start the spring semester of her sophomore year. Other than business law and accounting I think she will like her classes. She's already dreading those two.

I got all the Christmas decorations put away but the snowmen are still out. We also gave the house a good cleaning. I made a list of house projects that need to be done and it was three pages long. Some are easy (scheduling the carpet cleaner), some will be put off probably for a year (planting front shrubs...not a good idea in a drought with water rationing) and some will cost a bunch of money (kitchen counters). But some we will tackle right away (back door and bathroom sink).

If you aren't following me on twitter (@TracyReinke) you missed out on my witty commentary this weekend on both the Miss American pageant and the Golden Globes. Katie from So Funny Story and I were going back and forth and I must say we covered it all.

In case you wondered, I thought Jennifer Lawrence was trying to catch bread crumbs in her bust line with the extra fabric sticking out.



Another loser was Halley Berry. Weird print and weird placement of cutouts.



Winners were Zoeey Deschanel. I thought she went for color in a simple elegant way (usually she's a little kooky).



I also liked Tina Fey's outfit that she wore during the show. Talk about a knock out dress.


So there you have it. My weekend wrap.

3 comments:

  1. I didnt care for the extra material on Jennifer Lawrence's chest either.

    & I thought that dress made Halle Berry's one boob look bigger then the other... weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zooey's dress is beautiful. I didn't watch the awards last night, but I did watch the end of Miss America, just because the ballgame wasn't going my way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, those are two of the classes my son enjoys the most. I suppose that's a good thing for a Finance major. Ha

    I agree on all those dress opinions!

    ReplyDelete