Joining in this week for hodgepodge mania. I needed something to kickstart blogging for the new year.
Well every year I say I'm going to organize my utility room desk. And I did clean it off when I painted in November. But now it is back to being piled with stuff. I hope to rectify that situation soon.
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
Only time I had to wear a uniform is when I worked for Builders Square while in college. A yucky apron (think Home Depot).
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'? This question comes to you courtesy of Betty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!
Not sure what the last mishap would be but the most infamous one is when I tried to make a pecan pie and melted the spatula in the hot corn syrup. I did learn a lesson that plastic melts under high sugar heat.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
Try and avoid negative people.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
Definitely my mother's side of the family as I get older. More and more like my grandmother. When Whitney was little she looked more like Dan but she is more like me now.
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
I take a bath almost every night but not in the way most people do. For some reason (don't ask) I like to run a bath and just listen to the water slowly fill the tub. Then I empty it. I know wasting water but I've stopped using hot water so it is only cold water.
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
Of those listed, I would probably choose the Sapporo Snow Festival in Japan. Just look at what they can do with snow.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My mother came for a visit. Everything went well except on Saturday when I noticed that our garbage disposal had a crack. It had been leaking and spewing stuff under the sink. So I was down to one sink while cooking a huge turkey dinner on Sunday. And then we tried to change it out last night and broke a pipe connection. Luckily the plumber is at the house right now fixing things. I was totally out of dishes and silverware with no sink at all and couldn't do any laundry.