Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend Wrapup

Remember how I said we would order the new door this weekend. We went to Lowe's but they wouldn't let us order the door until the installer comes out to measure the door opening. So now I have to wait a couple of days to order the door. But we did buy the new locks for both the front and back door. I didn't realize that they don't have door knobs on front entry doors anymore. They are all these push button things and only have a deadbolt. Very strange.

I made two new recipes over the weekend: meatloaf and roast chicken. I can't believe I've never roasted a whole chicken before. It was super easy although the breast meat really wasn't flavorful. I think I could get it that way with a little amped up seasoning though. But now we have leftovers for most of the week.

Tonight is a big event at church for women. Over 1,000 tickets sold already for Girlfriends with special guest Holly Wagner. I got talked into head ushering tonight. Good news is I get to reserve my seat. I'm bringing someone I met while ushering who is new to the church and would like to be able to spend some time with her.


3 comments:

  1. Have a good time tonight!
    I've never roasted a whole chicken, either, but it's a good idea to do that, and then use the leftovers in different dishes during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun tonight!!!

    We've got to get new double french doors for our basement... I'm dreading the whole process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to roast chickens all the time. Not so much any more since I can get one big enough for Tim and I already roasted for $4.99 at the grocery store. If you have the time, do one in the slow cooker sprinkled with seasoned salt. Yum!

    Have fun tonight! It sounds like a great program. Would have loved to be there. OK's a little far away, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete