Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cheesecake!

I finally made a cheesecake. I have always loved this dessert, thought it was too hard to make, so never made it. I have had a springform pan for over ten years (I insisted one Christmas on getting it) and have used it once for a stuffed pizza recipe. But I've decided to make sure and try one new recipe every week.

This was Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake weekend!

I tried to follow the recipe. But I somehow didn't grasp the drop by spoonfuls and then swirl technique. I sort of dropped by spoonfuls and spread it out, then tried to swirl. So it doesn't look like the picture in the recipe. It also was one of the messier things I've made with lots of utensils and having to have someone come into the kitchen to clean up after me.

We are still waiting for it to cool completely (I did follow that rule) so don't know how it tastes. But if the batter is any indication, I'm going to be very happy.


The finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment