Friday, August 19, 2011

So what's it like?

It's been an interesting few days without Whitney at home. While she has gone to camp and been gone for a few days before, I know this time she won't be coming back for quite awhile. It seems strange not to talk to her. I did talk to her on the phone yesterday but it isn't quite the same thing as in person. And the door to her bedroom stays open at night.

The dog is not quite sure what to do either. She knows Whitney isn't here and she keeps expecting her to show up sometime. I bet when she does come home she'll be attacked with love by the dog.

It also is strange not knowing what she is doing at all times. She was always so good about letting us know where she was going. Now I have no idea where she is (well I sort of know but not specifically). I think that is the hardest part.

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine what you are feeling.
    Right now, with a 13YO and 11YO, I have brief fantasies about the peace and quiet of an empty nest.
    But, I know, deep down, it will be a tough adjustment.
    I'm feeling for you!

    ReplyDelete