A look at the world through my eyes. Sometimes funny, sometimes serious, sometimes somewhere in between.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Summer is Over - Top 10 Reasons
So today officially marks the first day of fall. We all know that just because the calendar says it is fall, the weather doesn't agree. Today is supposed to be 86 and sunny while yesterday was 70 and rainy. But there are signs that summer is over. Here is the top 10 reasons summer is over.
1. We had to make three batches of pesto last night because the basil was not happy with cooler night temperatures. Now we have 7 batches in the freezer so we can have pesto year round. Yummy.
2. We have been able to sleep with the windows open most nights for the last couple of weeks. This is a huge relief, although we still have to run the air conditioning during the late afternoon/evening.
3. We have been able to bake things in the oven without feeling like the house was going to become a sauna. I love to bake so this is a good sign.
4. The record high temperatures for the last week have not been 100 degrees or more. This is a big sign that we are past the horrible record summer temperatures.
5. I've been wearing jeans to work. A sure sign that it is cooler since I spent the summer in capris and skorts.
6. I don't feel funny about having fall decorations out. In fact it is quite lovely to have pumpkins and mums around.
7. My tastebuds are dreaming of gumbo, chili and lasagna. All cool weather foods.
8. TV has had its week of season premiers. I've even watched a new show.
9. The state fair is wrapping up this weekend. It brought rain like it does every year.
10. We brought the dog house out last night. And it was cool enough that the dog went in it last night. Some things she doesn't forget.
Linking up today with Follow Friday for 40 and Older.