Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Fall Can't Come Fast Enough



1. Do you like chili? Red or white? Beans or no beans? Spice or no spice? Toppings?
I love chili. It is the first type of comfort food I make for cooler temperatures. We have an awesome recipe that uses a bunch of cayenne and regular chili powder. So definitely spicy. It has chili beans but we've used a combo with kidney beans too. Usually we put crushed crackers in the bottom of the bowl and then add shredded cheese on top. And if I have sour cream at home, I'll add a little of that. At work we used to have a chili cook-off and the first year I made this I won for tastiest chili.

We also have a milder version of a turkey chili that Whitney likes because she doesn't really like spicy. So two good recipes. Wow, now I'm really hungry for it. Of course it is 90 degrees so I doubt I'll be making it this week.

2. Red~Orange~Gold...your favorite fall color?
Well I love red normally so I guess that would be it. But the combination of red and gold always makes me get in a fall mood. I really need to pull out some fall decorations and get fall started.

3. Who did you idolize when you were growing up?
I didn't idolize anyone. I wasn't raised that way and I don't think anyone should idolize anyone now. That's what causes a lot of problems in this world. Picking the wrong person to idolize.

4. When was the last time you did something 'arts and craftsy'? Share please.
Well this is easy. I blogged about it earlier when we dyed a white dress red. It turned out great and the dress has gotten more use out of it in three months than it did in the year she had it previously.

5. What's a place that makes you really nervous?
Driving over super high on/off ramps. I'm so glad we don't have any of those in the OKC area. I hate driving through Dallas because they have some doozies.

6. Horse back riding...yay or nay (neigh?)
I've ridden a horse a couple of times. Nothing that I'm dying to do again. Whitney took lessons for a couple of years and really did like it. Of course she was allergic to the hay so that made it a little difficult, but she did have fun.

7. What is your favorite cliche?
It's raining cats and dogs. I just like the sound of it. Very descriptive and yet you know it can't happen.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm in a quandry. I signed up to do after-school tutoring for at-risk youth this fall. It was supposed to be one day a week from 4-5. I got permission to get off work. And now I just got an email saying they are changing the time to 5-6. I don't know if I can do it then. I have things I do right after work on Wednesdays. And I don't like that they changed it after one week. I know its a good program, but I don't know what to do.

6 comments:

  1. You'll work something out - perhaps you can still leave at 4, since you have permission, get your stuff done and then go to tutoring. It is only one day a week - and a great program. It sounds cool.

    I LOVE fall. And you would like my living room. It is red. :D I don't think I will be able to walk through it without thinking, "Gee wish Tracy was here." hee - oh and my nails are red today.

    Put the chili in the crockpot. It won't heat up the kitchen on a hot day, but is still SO good regardless - we had it last Friday. The house smelled wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have much out in the way of fall decorations either. I need to get busy. Hope your tutoring dilemma works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love "it's raining cats and dogs" i used to hope it was true :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chili sounds yummy. Maybe you should post the recipe? Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background picture on your blog. I love #7 too :)

    ReplyDelete