Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's Crazy Out There

I learned today what six hours of cold rain does to people on a Saturday before Christmas. It makes them all come out of their houses after the rain and go shopping. Lucky for me I went grocery shopping this morning in the rain. But this afternoon I decided to go look at Hobby Lobby for the rub-on transfers so I can do my project and maybe do a little Christmas shopping. Oh my. The Hobby Lobby parking lot was full. This is a huge parking lot so I knew I was in trouble. The store was packed. 14 checkout lanes were open. I couldn't believe it. Of course they didn't have what I wanted so I went to plan B, shopping. Stupid me. I headed towards the mall and one look and I knew it was time to go home. Yikes. I'll be better off taking an afternoon off of work to do that, thank you very much.

3 comments:

  1. It is crazy everywhere. Why do we always wait until December? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the one advantage to being home bound. Internet shopping! It's awesome, but I don't have too many people to shop for and those I do I know exactly what I am getting them, so I don't need to touch/feel/get ideas in the actual stores. That makes it easy. :)

    Good luck finding your transfers. That Hobby Lobby sounded like a zoo, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has started, the craziness associated with the holidays. Everyone seems to have forgotten what the holidays actually mean... friendship, peace, and happiness.

    ReplyDelete