Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Food and Drink





1. Are you cooking Christmas dinner? How many will be round your table this year? What are we having?
Yes we are cooking Christmas dinner for the three of us. I just bought a turkey that was on sale but we are having ham. Frankenham in fact (still need to purchase). See Monday's post for a photo of that. We also will have broccoli, rolls, some kind of potatoes and apple pie.

2. What is one must-have Christmas cookie in your house?
We aren't having any cookies this year. So the answer would be there is no must-have. :D

3. Santa likes a glass of milk with his cookies. Do you? What kind of milk is on tap at your house-skim? almond? soy? full fat (Gasp!)
Milk is always good with a chocolate chip cookie. And the milk in our house is always Braum's Fat Free. In fact, Whitney refuses to drink any other kind of milk. Somehow they make the fat free version taste like it is 2% but regular 2% doesn't even taste as good.

4. Time magazine recently named their 'Person of the Year' for 2011. This is the person the editors believe had the greatest impact, for better or worse, in the past year. This year they chose 'The Protester'. Your thoughts? Who would you name Person of the Year for 2011?
This was a cop-out. But then again weekly magazines have sort of gone the way of the dinasour with the rise of internet media. If they are going to go that way, how about picking the homeowner who actually didn't contribute to the foreclosure problem because they were smart and bought a house that they could afford. Sorry, don't mean to rant but I feel that we are being punished for being fiscally responsible. Thank goodness our house will be paid off in 5 years.

5. December 21st is National Flashlight Day... when was the last time you needed a flashlight and did you know right where to find one?
I used a flashlight to find my box of boxes in the attic to wrap presents. It is in the top drawer in my utility room. I also have one in every car glovebox. We have one in the office in one of the cabinets near the copy machine. I'm very prepared.

6. candy canes...yum or yuck?
In moderation they are good. Especially when used in candy cane martinis!

7. What Christmas carol lyric means the most to you?
I've always loved "Do You Hear What I Hear". Proclaiming the good news in a variety of ways.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm so proud of Whitney. She got a 4.0 gpa her first semester of college. I know how hard that is and now she officially has a better gpa at college than I ever did.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas. Hope no one is snowed in, unless of course you want to be.

5 comments:

  1. Could not agree with you more on #4! THANK YOU for saying what so many of us are thinking! :)

    Merry CHristmas dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, candy cane martini! Yummy! And yes, agree with #4 completely!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your daughter-fantastic! Candy cane martini-haven't tried that but it sounds yummy.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candy cane martini?!!! Oh my....I must check that out in Google now to find out how to make me one.

    My two separate posts today:

    1] New Orleans Conclusion
    and
    2] WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

    Hope your day, so far, has been a glorious one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and I got tickled at your comment about Braum's milk. My daughter and SIL are obsessed with Braum's milk and drives miles to buy it and freeze it. They say it cannot be beat! Guess I'll have to force myself to try it sometime.

    Blessings for a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete