Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Last Hodgepodge of 2011



Last Hodgepodge of the year. Hard to believe but here we go.


1. Share something you loved about your Christmas Day.

I loved being able to go at a slow pace. What a difference it is to not have little kids waking up at 5am so excited that Santa came. We didn't even open anything until after breakfast.

2. You get to put five items in a time capsule to be opened in 100 years, what items would you choose and why?

I've avoided thinking about this answer for a day now. After reading what other people wrote, I'm still not sure. Maybe a newspaper (yes I still read a real one delivered daily to my driveway) that has a year in review section, a list of obsolete electronics from the past 100 years along with a list of electronics that are out now so the people of the future can just laugh at us, a photo of the earth from space so that they could compare it to what it looks like in their era and see if global warming exists or not. That's only three but I can't think of anything else.

3. What do you like on a cracker?

Cheese. Lots of cheese.

4. Do you make resolutions at the start of a new year? How'd that work out for you this past year?

I never make resolutions. I think it is silly because they never stick. So why go through the process just to fail. There is nothing special about January 1 except that it starts off a new year. You can make goals anytime and as long as they are reasonable you can achieve them.

5. What's a song or song lyric you'll associate with 2011?

Party Rock Anthem by L.M.F.A.O. I hated this song when it first came out and then kept hearing it and hearing it. It is so darn catchy and now that those hamsters have it in the car commercial I can't get enough.

Party Rock Anthem

6. How will you ring in the new year?

Just staying home. I hope I can even stay up until midnight. Lucky the big ball drops at 11 here since we are central time and then I can just pretend it is midnight.

7. What is something you look forward to in 2012?

Hoping to finish renovating the kitchen.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Whitney has surgery next Tuesday to fix her deviated septum. The doctors hope that this will finally lessen the pressure on her tear duct so her eye will drain. Let's hope that the third time is the charm.

4 comments:

  1. I think January 1st resolutions are silly too. What stops anyone from deciding to do something any day of the year and then sticking to it. I never make them.

    Good luck to Whitney. I hope it works this time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answer about resolutions. So true!
    Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel like September is the start of a new year. It goes back to having kids returning to school plus its my birthday month...feels like a new year to me : )

    Happy 2012...hope the surgery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be thinking about Whitney this week! She'll be so glad to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete