Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Really Only One Disney Favorite?



Great questions this week for the hodgepodge

1. Will you be hosting any house guests between now and the end of December? Does that thought make you happy or crazy? Do you do anything special for your guests to make them feel at home? How long should a house guest stay?

Unless you count the college daughter, we won't have any houseguests. Since we thought she would be having surgery during the holidays, we figured we would be lowkey at home this year. Her surgery is January 3 so we could have had someone but it is a little too late now.

2. Walter Elias Disney was born this week (December 5) back in 1905 ...what's your all time favorite Disney movie? Here's a list in case you're struggling...and yes, you have to pick one.

Just one? Wow, there are so many. There are so many memories attached to them. I might have to go with The Little Mermaid. But then again I might say Beauty and the Beast. Cinderella was my favorite growing up. And you can't go wrong with Toy Story. AAARRRGGGHHH! So I'm going to go outside of the box and say Fantasia. It has a little bit of everything and I'm sure no one else will pick it.

3. What was the last thing you purchased that you realized was a mistake after the fact?

The carpet in the house. After spending $6,000 to redo the whole house, we found out that we have "pooling" and there is nothing that can be done about it. And if we replaced the carpet it will do the same thing. It is some kind of ghost image thing that makes it look like the carpet is worn even it is new. As much as I don't like hardwood floors, I would have done that.

4. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?

I'm going to say 75% this year. I've always done shopping online (yes even going back to the beginning of the internet) and with free shipping it is so much easier. Plus most stores let you return your online purchases at the actual stores so I don't have to pay return shipping.

5. Amaryllis-snowdrop-poinsettia...your favorite winter blossom?

Not a big fan of any of them but I guess a poinsettia would have to be my choice.

6. What is one thing on your personal Christmas wish list? I think we all want peace on earth so let's make this answer an actual item.

A year of good health for all.

7. If you could only use one word today what would it be?

COLD! I think no explanation is needed for that one.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Physical therapy is going well. I'm using the elastic band for my elbow and I have exercises for my tendonitis. I'm becoming and expert at ice massage too. Always fun to use a cold ice cube when it is 35 degrees outside. At least the inside of the house is toasty.

5 comments:

  1. YAY for online shopping. It is so easy and cheap - and I don't have to fight with my wheelchair & the crowds plus we can listen to Christmas music & enjoy our own decorations. I love it. :)

    And I was surprised at how many Disney Movies our 14 year old has on her Christmas list [sort of a pick one out of her list gift] We have them all in VHS, but want to upgrade them to DVD - but boy, those suckers aren't cheap. Might go see if we can find them used. We have a great store for that here. My favorite is "Beauty & the Beast" hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is pooling? I have not heard of this before. I guess I shall have to look this up. Oh I love hardwood floors! I would like part of my dream home to have hardwood floors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of pooling either. Hope all your medical issues are resolved in the new year and your daughter's surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh - how frustrating to get all of that carpet and not have it work out! Will pray for your daughter's surgery - have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite Disney movie was Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas. If you haven't seen it, you should.

    The end song still makes me cry. My Mom and brother danced to it at his wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete