Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Fragments

I hadn't planned on this today but decided to go for it. If you are looking for my letter V for A to Z Blog Challenge it is the next post.

Mrs. 4444 is almost up to the 300th episode of Friday Fragments and is having a party. Go check her out.

Half-Past Kissin' Time


Half-Past Kissin' Time


Today is trash day and the recycle guy came before 7:30am. We aren't supposed to have our stuff out until 7:30. Somehow this is a fail and not on our part. So now we wait two more weeks for them to come by. Normally they come between 10-12. Regular trash doesn't come until after 5 a lot of the time.

Stupid criminal of the week is happened yesterday when officers were trying to serve a warrant on drugs. The guy decided to make a break for it...In an RV! Needless to say this didn't end well with a chase and the RV going into a ditch. (local story...yay us!)

All the tulips have lost their flowers so the university is digging out all the bulbs and anyone can get them. There was a madhouse this morning outside of work with people and plastic bags collecting them. How much money is wasted every year on this practice?

Our garage door keeps deciding it doesn't want to close. This is a problem when you are trying to get to work and am running late. Dan has tried to fix it but since we don't know what is wrong, it is difficult to determine. So a call to the garage door people is in order.

I'm struggling on X and Y for the blog challenge. I need to come up with X today so I can write the post and have it scheduled. I have a feeling I'm going to really stretch to come up with it. Writing with a theme has been most helpful but I haven't spent very much time looking for other people's blogs. I did originally and added a few to my reading list but I should go out and find some more. 

Enjoy some spring weather everyone! It's arts and music festival time so that means storms here. :)

8 comments:

  1. I don't suppose you want to use Xavier for your X post! Love your criminal story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH!!! Garage doors... you don't think how important they are until they don't open.
    When our electricity went out, I didn't realize it had a release so you could open it yourself. I thought I was trapped for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when things like the trash guy comes early happen. That is so frustrating. You should call and have them make a second round. So sorry.

    I always enjoy your stupid criminals and I agree an RV is not the best getaway vehicle. Haha

    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the 3rd person I've seen post about garage doors not acting right. One of my facebook friends cannot get hers to open. Must be a conspiracy:)
    I am SO stuck for X and Z too.
    So far I have only missed 2 days of visiting at least 10 blogs. My eyes are going buggy.
    doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the same thing as Rebecca Jo one time and didn't realize I could open my garage door with the release! I feel so silly now. Live and learn, I guess. An RV for an escape vehicle? That is a dumb criminal, but aren't they all? Hope the art festival didn't get too rained out. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just had the same problem with our garage door. Sometimes it would close and sometimes not. We ended up burning up the motor and had to get a new opener. Finally, it is all back up and running well. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I hope you put in a call to the trash company. That is crazy that they would come before the scheduled time.
    Thanks for the Stupid criminal update…..LOL
    Mother nature forgot it was suppose to be springtime around here. It has been very cold for the last few days. Hopefully she remembers soon.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very annoying about the recycling guy. I think it is worth a complaint.

    ReplyDelete