Friday, April 11, 2014

J - Be a Judge of Something


I've never judged anything. Not a talent contest, cooking contest not even on a jury. So just once, I'd like to be a judge...preferably for a cooking contest.

I've often wondered how you become such a judge. If you want to judge a BBQ contest, you have to be certified. I've even looked at it before. But I don't want to pay to be certified to judge BBQ. I'm not into it that much.

Or how do you get to judge the county fair entries for jams and jellies? Do you have to be a past winner? Or maybe a famous chef in your city?

I've even wondered about shows like Top Chef when they have restaurant wars or the big parties that bring in normal people. How do you get to do that? It's not like we will have any show that size come to Oklahoma, but still I'd like to know.

Have you ever judged something?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how and no, I've never been a judge either. But I bet it could be a lot of fun. Well the food ones anyway. I don't want to be a judge of anything serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't judged anything, I think it would be hard for me to do because if I was judging something with food, I'd think everything should win if it was made with chocolate, LOL ;)

    betty

    ReplyDelete