Wednesday, April 23, 2014

T - Learn to Tango


Finally something from my completed bucket list. You would think with everything I've listed I would have accomplished more.

I made it a goal to learn how to tango before I turned 40. There is something sexy, seductive and just plain entertaining about the tango. If you've ever watched ballroom dancing, this is the one that entrances me. The fast leg work, the costumes, the smoldering looks. You know what I mean.

Our university has a ballroom dance club for students and they have open lessons once a week. The community can come. It wasn't expensive at all ($5/week). We learned several ballroom dances (salsa, cha-cha, waltz) but I wanted the tango. Finally, the last four weeks of the semester was the tango.

I learned the basic steps and a turn. That's it. But I can successfully say I've learned the tango!


2 comments:

  1. Good for you for learning the tango! I always wanted to learn to ballroom dance; might have to look into this.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete