Saturday, April 12, 2014

K - Run a 5K



I have always wanted to do a 5K. I'm not athletic. The thought of sweating gives me chills. But I wanted to do this. I figured I could do this.

Last Thanksgiving, Dan and I walked a Turkey Trot 5K. It was a fundraiser for tornado victims. Good cause. I finished in 45 minutes. Which was about what I figured since I was walking the whole thing.


But I want to run one. I never run. I'm not coordinated enough to run. I realize that I should run some before really committing to running a 5K. But I just can't get up my courage to do so. I like walking on a treadmill.

Have you ever really wanted to do something and know it is feasible, but just can't get yourself motivated?

2 comments:

  1. That was a nice benefit to help out for those affected by tornados (and good idea too, walk or run before eating a Thanksgiving meal).

    I used to enjoy running when I was younger, but now it is a bit difficult with my "old" knees but I do enjoy walking.

    In answer to your question, yep right now I would like to lose 20-30 pounds, I know it is feasible but just not motivated (yet)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just start walking faster... then doing intervals of walking and running (2 minutes of each). Before you know it you'll be rocking the 5K. :)

    I have to get back in... a 10K is still on my list... I have it picked out and everything... September 6th.

    ReplyDelete