Monday, April 14, 2014

L - Learn CPR


Learning CPR is truly a lifesaving skill. I have yet to possess this skill. I wonder why I haven't taken the time to do a course.

I have to say I'm lucky to have never been in a situation where CPR was needed. And if it was and I knew how to do it, would I panic? Would I stay calm and administer it correctly?

You can even learn it online (while not getting a certification, you can at least view it).

So let's all add this to our list of things to learn.

5 comments:

  1. I've taken the training and every so often we have to take a refresher course. Work requires this. I'm glad though, it is good information, although, I hope I never need to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it years ago with the training and then my card expired; you are right, it is something we all should learn; I'm going to look into training classes. Thanks for a great reminder to do so!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should say this. Guess how I met my husband? He taught me CPR! (He was my instructor in a refresher course I had at my office.) He now owns a school that does this as part of their coursework, but that's what originally got us together. I'm up for my biannual renewal at the office this summer. It will be the fourth time he's taught me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a compressions only class at the local Fire Department back in November. I'm not certified or anything, but I feel a lot better for having taken the class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed! I've taken a CPR course once or twice, but I always feel like I need a refresher each year. Thankfully, I haven't had to use it, but I'm afraid I wouldn't remember what to do if I were in the situation. Maybe I should take that refresher course...

    http://www.thingsmymothertaught.com

    ReplyDelete